Quite simply, this property is the most spectacular house in Joshua Tree. As seen in design and lifestyle publications worldwide, this mirrored 22 story horizontal skyscraper virtually disappears into the surrounding desert landscape. The luxurious 100-foot indoor swimming pool contrasts with the vast surrounding desert landscape. The 90 acre property has its own mountain and shares half a mile border with the National Park.
The word unique is insufficient. Welcome to Invisible House.
Featured in dozens of publications including the Washington Post, Maxim, Departures, Dezeen, TMZ, Business Insider, People, Daily Mail, Apartment Therapy and more, the architectural wonder of Invisible House was designed by film producer Chris Hanley and Tomas Osinski, a Frank Gehry collaborator. Invisible House was created free of design constraints, incorporating the most advanced materials and technologies available. All electric, this sleek, 5,500 sq ft minimalist home is also green and great care has been taken to bring the environmental carbon footprint to near zero.
The multiple floor-to-ceiling sliding doors augment the sense of pure connection with nature. The desert is reflected all around you in a true blur of exterior and interior living. It’s no wonder that Invisible House is a favorite destination among artists, spiritual seekers and those longing to connect with the natural world.
The dramatic size of Invisible House is reflected in its bedrooms. Its 3 large luxurious suites sleep 6 people and feature beds made of either pure marble or, in the Master suite, a unique two-ton, solid glass bed by Milano designers Santambrogio.
The property can accommodate overnight stays of up to 8 people with the addition of a 1-bedroom private home on property just footsteps from the main house. Known as the OMD Prefab, this home will be automatically added to your stay when you select 7 or 8 guests. It has been relocated from its original home on Venice Beach’s trendy Abbot Kinney Boulevard and is also a modern, cutting edge, green design in its own right.
- 100-foot indoor swimming pool
- 90 acres of private property filled with hiking trails to explore and a mountain with a 4000 ft peak
- Chef’s kitchen with dual sinks and oversized island for casual dining
- 13-foot dining table for formal meals and wall to wall views of boulders.
- Arteflame barbeque grill / griddle that transforms into a fire pit for warm star gazing.
- 3 King sized beds (or 4 if you take the OMD Prefab) with Ligne Roset and Tempur-Pedic mattresses, draped with Frette linens and abundant pillows
- Remote controlled blackout shades in all Invisible House bedrooms
- 4 full bathrooms (or 5 with the OMD Prefab) featuring Boffi and Gessi Rectangolo fixtures,
open and/or glass Boffi rain showers, enclosures and fixtures.
- free standing Boffi SWIM tub in the Master suite
- Invisible Dan Armstrong electric guitar and amp on which to play your favorite songs
- Multicolored controllable LED lighting – customize the house and pool to your chosen colors.
- Bose Portable Home Speaker for sound wherever you choose
- Massive 86” LG 4K TV with Netflix, Amazon Prime and more
- Blu Ray DVD player including dozens of recent films
- Rare location with direct walk-on access to the Desert View Conservation Area of Joshua Tree National Park
- Ten minute drive to the center of Joshua Tree with restaurants, coffee shops, yoga studios and more.
- Five minute drive to the West Entrance Station of Joshua Tree National Park
Whether you are enjoying the sweeping desert views from one of the multiple contemporary seating areas, preparing food in the open gleaming white and marble kitchen, taking a dip in the expansive 100 foot indoor pool, hiking private trails on the 90 acre land or gazing at the stars under the crystal clear night sky, you know you’ve never had such a dramatic vantage point from which to view the desert. Invisible House is a truly unique experience.